#Mirdif 35 Mall. 2nd floor Al Khawaneej St - Dubai
Saturday – Thursday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm

We all might have experienced the uncomfortable feeling that our breath is not as fresh as it should be. Millions of dollars are spent by people each year on mouthwash, etc. to prevent bad breath. Have you ever considered the importance of bad breath? If you are suffering from bad breath, also known as halitosis, you could be showing signs of a more serious problem.

While approximately 90% of the cases of bad breath are caused due to poor oral hygiene, the remaining 10% is caused due to several health conditions including disorders in the stomach, the urinary system, and in some cases, due to specific drugs.

When to see a dentist?

If you have bad breath, review your oral health habits. Brush and floss after every meal. If your bad breath persists even after practising good oral hygiene, visit your dentist in Bella Vita Clinic as early as possible. If your dentist suspects a serious health condition is causing your bad breath, the dentist may refer you to a physician to find the cause of the bad breath.

What are the causes of bad breath?

Some of the oral causes of bad breath include:

  • Oral conditions due to problems like bleeding in the gums and gingivitis caused due to infection as a result of poor oral hygiene.
  • Tooth decay or damaged teeth
  • Food particles trapped in between the teeth
  • Inflammation of gums which leads to damaged gums and bones of the teeth
  • Dental Abscesses
  • Dry socket – A painful dental condition that occurs after a tooth extraction
  • Dry mouth caused due to inflammation of salivary glands
  • Painful mouth sores caused due to the intake of acidic foods
  • Smoking or chewing tobacco
  • Bad oral hygiene leading to oral infections and disorders
  • Plaque build-up on your teeth that contains millions of bacteria

Some of the non-oral causes of bad breath include:

  • Tonsillitis may be the cause of your bad breath
  • Sinus infection or sinusitis
  • Lower respiratory tract infections
  • Chronic kidney failure due to acute diabetes
  • Last-stage liver failure
  • High fever
  • Consumption of foods like garlic, onion, etc
  • Infection in stomach

Prevention of bad breath

One of the best ways to prevent the build-up of odour-causing bacteria is having a good dental routine. A bad-breath blasting technique should include:

  • Brushing and flossing twice in a day
  • Periodic dental check-ups at Bella Vita dental clinic.
  • Regularly cleaning your tongue to remove bacteria
  • Cleaning your dental appliances thoroughly at least once a day
  • Quit smoking and chewing tobacco
  • Avoid eating sugary foods before hitting the bed
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Follow healthy diet
  • Reduce alcohol consumption
  • Avoid consuming coffee
Bad Breath Solution

Bad breath can be treated by practising good oral hygiene and including a healthy diet. Also, visiting your dentist in our Bella Vita dental clinic regularly for dental exams can prevent any disorders and dental problems.

Our Dental Hygiene Services

Comprehensive Oral Assessment

During this procedure, we will address your dental concerns and provide a personalized treatment plan to improve your oral hygiene and dental health.

Stain Removal/Polishing

This service eliminates stains caused by tobacco, coffee, and other food and drinks.

Teeth Cleaning and Periodontal Assessment

These services include scaling, root planning, and debridement, along with a comprehensive exam of your gums.

Are You Ready For New Smile?